Thursday, October 7, 2010

Distractions...

So here I am, a month into the blog writing, and I have learned alot. I have learned that there are many things in my life that are preventing me from doing the things that I really want to do. I spend more and more of my time distracted by the things that get in the way of my true dreams and aspirations.

While playing around with this blog I realized that it could become an income stream, (I have made a whopping 3 dollars), but that got me to thinking, I want to be truly self sufficient. I want a stable income stream that can be supplied from anywhere, while I do what it is I really want to be doing.

Sounds to me like I need to learn a trade or set up a company that can run itself...So I began looking at the options..I could...Learn to do something that is in high demand, that I can do where ever I am for as long as I chose, or I could work on setting up a sustainable business model that would allow me to be location free...

Now that is the easy part, I can work...that is not a problem. The problem is the small, tiny time robbing distractions that cost me hours of my day, I turn on the computer to write a blog post but have to spend 30 mins scanning Facebook...you know the drill...so with that said this blog is changing channels...

There will be fewer posts, but they should be more interesting, and they will be focused on applying our principles and my life skills into chasing my dreams. I will promote less and interact even less and I will be asking for you the reader to help spread the word. I will update with how this is coming, the hurdles and challenges that seem to get in the way, and I will do it as often as I can without letting this become a distraction.

I spent alot of time trying to figure out where I wanted to be 5 years from now...

Hans Christian 43' Cruising the Caribbean with my wife and kids...now to get the stuff out of the way that is making it hard to realize that dream. I am not rich, so this is more complicated than just selling the house and going. It will mean making sacrifices and changes, starting companies, selling things...including the companies I start...

God wants us to do extraordinary things...so Hans 43' here we come!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have found that sometimes what I thought or wanted to accompolish in 5 years..sometimes will actually take 20...and then things that I thought would take 20 years only took 2....God has given me many new aspirations and inspirations ...I just keep following His signs He points me to...and lucklily with time and practice and a sober mind to work with..it has gotten easier to read the signs He posts...I'm thankful that I have learned how to apply this new design for living...sobriety ,recovery, and serenity have become my reality...the trick it seems is just sticking with it...trudging is not the most glamorous avenue..but, after 20 plus years-for me truding the road of happy destiny has become the most practical..

    ekm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your new venture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for your thoughts...