Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dare to dream...

Dare to dream, but remember to keep your feet firmly planted in reality. It's been over a week since I announced my plans to change course..and what a wonderful week it has been. I have had the inspiration to set forth on the following plan.

It has always been a dream of mine to sail, not just on a pond during the weekend, but passage making, no land in site, live aboard sailing. The migrant nature of that life is very appealing to me, but it is not without sacrifice and risk. I also believe, and please don't judge this, that it can be a wonderful environment  to raise children. They would be sheltered from the world's wickedness, they would learn responsibility and accountability in a real word setting and they would have the opportunity to see the world while being home schooled.

It would be irrational to think that I could put a "Everything for sale" sign in my yard, wait for the last of it to go and depart...Careful planning must happen, there will be lessons, a long term financial plan, boat shopping, gear acquisition and the need for a long term sustainable income source.

So in the short term I will do this, I will work, I will learn and I will dream. We are headed in a direction now, and for the once directionless, this is a new thing. I have been empowered, encouraged and inspired by you and this blog to dream and reach out, to achieve those things I once thought impossible.

What does any of this have to do with staying sober? It is this...You will be amazed before you are half way through...Today I amazed at the places my sober life has taken me, the people it has put in my path, and the dreams once distant that now seem to be attainable.
 Want to help with the dream and save money on tokens? Spread the word!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for your thoughts...