Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Scars

Scars...

It's not the ones on the outside I worry most about!

I am covered in them...scars, from burns to cuts, scrapes to stitches my body tells tales of reckless endangerment of the greatest instrument I was ever given. 

It is however most compelling the scars which lie below the surface, those which cannot be seen, yet still in the dark of the night cause much pain. 

I came to a place in active addiction where I was no longer comfortable in the light with you or in the dark with me. Deep within me was a pain which I was certain you could never understand and I would likely not be able to transmit with enough weight to relieve even for a moment. I shouldered the weight of this pain for so long I had grown both weary and used to it at the same time!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for your thoughts...